Lake Amistad and La Chuparrosa
Acuña, Coahuila, México
Exclusive Trophy Whitetail Deer Hunting available for 2014-2015 Season
November 28, 2014 – January 25, 2015 (approximate dates)
Contact us for more information.
We are looking for an individual, family or small group (maximum 4 hunters) that shares our hunting philosophy and seeks an exclusive, large-scale lease in a region with known exceptional trophy whitetail deer.
Rancho la Chuparrosa is a peninsula on Lake Amistad and is approximately 5,000–10,000 acres, depending on the level of the lake.
Lake Amistad is a reservoir that was created by the damming of the Rio Grande, the Devils and the Pecos Rivers. On the American side, Lake Amistad is a National Recreation Area. It is renowned as a world-class bass fishing lake.
The ranch is about one hour from Del Rio, Texas. Crossing into México through Acuña is fast, safe and easy.
The house can comfortably accommodate the small group, with a kitchen, living area, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Philosophy: We promote free-ranging deer and fair-chase hunting. We manage our deer naturally without interference from scientific breeding or high-fencing.
- Net to owner: $16,000/year
- Exclusive one-year term with potential for long-term lease.
Lessor will provide:
- Exclusive use of the entire ranch for whitetail deer hunting for the season.
- Up to 4 trophy deer – 8 points or more and 5 ½ years and older, scoring more than 140 B&C.
- Up to 4 management deer – 8 points or less and 4 ½ years and older, scoring less than 140 B&C
(These numbers may vary from year to year depending on the condition of the deer and population size.)
- Existing feeders and blinds.
Lessee is responsible for:
- Cost of supplemental protein and corn.
- Food and cook (if desired)
- Cost of gun permits and paperwork expenses. (We can obtain)
- Cost of tags (We can obtain)
- Estimates for these expenses are available upon request. We can assist with or arrange for the above at lessee’s expense.
We are happy to discuss lease and management specifics or answer any questions you may have.
We do pay finder’s fees for successful referrals.
We’re happy to show the ranch to serious parties.